[squid-users] RV: squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jun 16 10:10:07 UTC 2017

On 16/06/17 18:42, javier perez wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I totally understand it, and I know that active ftp is being deprecated, so
> It's logic that no further development It's gonna take place.

That reason just makes it unlikely, not impossible. Squid being FOSS
anyone can contribute patches at any time that make things like this happen.

Patches to make Squid accept active-FTP from clients and convert that to
passive-FTP on the server connection would be welcome.

> I'm happy with Squid, and it works perfectly on 99% of my clients but two.

FYI; you might want to look into foxyproxy or similar dedicated FTP
proxies rather than Squid., They have a much better focus on proxying
FTP and a longer history than Squid in the area, so probably less
missing features.