[squid-users] RV: squid

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Jun 15 14:35:07 UTC 2017

On Thursday 15 June 2017 19:58:59 javier perez wrote:

> I found this on the oficial documentation:
>
> ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/www/squid/archive/3.5/squid-3.5.0.1-RELEASENOTES
> .html
>
> Section 2.6 Relay FTP
> FTP Relay highlights:
> 2nd line:
>
> " Active and passive FTP support on the user-facing side; require passive
> connections to come from the control connection source IP address."
>
> Does this mean that no active connections will be stablished between the
> dest. Host and squid?????

Well, yes - but only if you're using the "Native FTP Relay" feature, which
that same documentation lists as being "a new, experimental, complex feature
that has seen limited production exposure".

Therefore, given your situation, you might be best not using this new feature
for the time being (I have no idea whether it's planned to allow active
connections on the server side in future).

Antony.

--
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - stop exaggerating!"

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.