[squid-users] RV: squid

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Jun 15 11:03:51 UTC 2017

On Thursday 15 June 2017 16:22:44 javier perez wrote:

> I installed squid(3.5.20) on CentOS 7 minimal to perform as an ftp-proxy.
>
> My configuration file looks like this:

...snip...

> acl SSL_ports port 443 21

Er, what?

Why are you specifying port 21 as SSL?

> ftp_passive off

...snip...

> The thing is that the parameter "ftp_passive off" seems not to be working.

> The connection works fine with the remote hosts, the login works, but I
> have to enter "passive" every single time to swap the mode to non-passive.

Surely the option merely tells Squid whether to allow active or passive FTP
connections - it doesn't tell the client application what to ask for.

"ftp_passive off" should mean that you can't do passive FTP through the Squid
server, but it won't stop the client application from trying.

You need to tell the client system/s always to use active FTP (which will go
through Squid) - Squid can't do that for you - it will simply allow or block
whatever requests come its way.

Antony.

--
Under UK law, no VAT is charged on biscuits and cakes - they are "zero rated".
Chocolate covered biscuits, however, are classed as "luxury items" and are

The question which had to be answered was what criteria should be used to
class something as a cake or a biscuit.  McVitie's defended the classification
of Jaffa Cakes as a cake by arguing that cakes go hard when stale, whereas
biscuits go soft.  It was demonstrated that Jaffa Cakes become hard when stale
and McVitie's won the case.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.