[squid-users] Introducing Charcoal - Centralised URL Filter for squid

Nishant Sharma codemarauder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 15:04:50 UTC 2017

Hi Benjamin,

On Wednesday 14 June 2017 08:22 PM, Benjamin E. Nichols wrote:
> This sounds great, and would you mind specifying the source of the
> blacklist data at the core of your services?
>
> In other words, what I dare ask you is this, and im sure others might
> want to know, are you using the blacklists from shalla, UT1, or
> urlblacklist? Or have you developed your own domain management technology?

Thanks for the kind words.

For the test run, we are using Shalla.

I understand that quality of blacklists matters. It is also possible to
mix-match multiple blacklists and that should be the ideal scenario with
most of the bases covered. And that depends on the user-base and the
financial aspects of sourcing the blacklists.

Right now, our first priority is to fix a handful of bugs reported just
after the announcement.

Thanks & Regards,
Nishant