[squid-users] Squid Transparent HTTP Proxy - 2 ETH Links - HTTP Proxy

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Jun 14 14:16:01 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 14 June 2017 16:58:01 Eliezer  Croitoru wrote:

> It depends on the equipment..
> What you should do is to use the switch to pass all traffic to the squid mac
> address and mirror all traffic to the probe node.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/#Interception may give you some
useful guidelines, depending on what your equipment is.

Alternatively you could do policy routing on the "Core Router", giving the
internal IP address of the Squid server as the gateway for HTTP/S traffic, and
then you do the standard Intercept NAT on the Squid machine so that it gets
processed.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/LinuxRedirect

Squid then has the "Internet Router" as its gateway to the outside.

The important thing is *not* to do any Destination NAT on traffic to try to get
it to hit the Squid box.  The destination IPs of the packets must remain
unchanged (ie: wherever they were trying to get to on the Internet).

Regards,

Antony.

--
If you want to be happy for an hour, get drunk.
If you want to be happy for a year, get married.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.