[squid-users] Error Compiling squid-3.5.26 with libecap-1.0.1 on CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611

Norbert Naveen norbert.naveen at tayana.in
Tue Jun 13 05:13:56 UTC 2017

Hello
  The Make output can be found at
  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_dDVNpzSGEKcFlMSlBVZWs5c2c

Thanks
Naveen

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Rousskov [mailto:rousskov at measurement-factory.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:12 AM
To: norbert.naveen at tayana.in; squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Error Compiling squid-3.5.26 with libecap-1.0.1
on CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611

On 06/12/2017 11:29 AM, Norbert Naveen wrote:

> I have attached Outputs of both Configure and Make And  libecap.pc
> contents are as below

Your ./configure output and libecap.pc contents look good to me, but there
is no sign of the eCAP library (-lecap) being linked with Squid during
"make". If running "make clean; ./configure ...; make" does not fix this,
then please find a way to post a link to the _entire_ build log. Something
along these lines should be able to capture it:

  $ make -k clean; (./configure ...; make) > /tmp/build.log 2>&1

You may want to compress /tmp/build.log. Please post a link to some public
file sharing site here instead of the file itself. Even compressed, it may
be too big to email.

Also, what does the following command output?

  $ grep 'EXT_LIBECAP_.*=' src/adaptation/ecap/Makefile

(adjust the Makefile path if necessary if you are not building Squid its
source directory)

Cheers,