[squid-users] Error Compiling squid-3.5.26 with libecap-1.0.1 on CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jun 12 20:41:38 UTC 2017

On 06/12/2017 11:29 AM, Norbert Naveen wrote:

> I have attached Outputs of both Configure and Make
> And  libecap.pc contents are as below

Your ./configure output and libecap.pc contents look good to me, but
there is no sign of the eCAP library (-lecap) being linked with Squid
during "make". If running "make clean; ./configure ...; make" does not
fix this, then please find a way to post a link to the _entire_ build
log. Something along these lines should be able to capture it:

  $ make -k clean; (./configure ...; make) > /tmp/build.log 2>&1

You may want to compress /tmp/build.log. Please post a link to some
public file sharing site here instead of the file itself. Even
compressed, it may be too big to email.

Also, what does the following command output?

  $ grep 'EXT_LIBECAP_.*=' src/adaptation/ecap/Makefile

(adjust the Makefile path if necessary if you are not building Squid its
source directory)

Cheers,