[squid-users] retrieve amount of traffic by username

Janis Heller janis.heller at outlook.de
Tue Jun 6 12:10:39 UTC 2017

Dear Fred,

thanks for your reply, let me explain a bit more. I'm using the RADIUS module for authentication, RADIUS is using a custom backend script to validate the provided login data (received from SQUID server). How to keep track on traffic usage of each user (for example OpenVPN config allows calling a script with used traffic + username each time a user is disconnecting). Is there some easy way, since I would need to store the generated traffic of a user per month (for being able to deny access on my custom backend script). So all I need to get is the traffic generated by a user when he's disconnecting. Polling the generated traffic in an interval won't be the best way I think.

All the best;

Janis