[squid-users] FW: squid proxy 3.5 redhat 7.3

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jun 2 15:59:12 UTC 2017

On 06/02/2017 01:37 AM, Madonna, A. (spir-it) wrote:

> Clients -> squid proxy -> internet.
> This works with the config as previously mentioned.

OK.

> Clients -> squid proxy (with cache_peer) -> Parent Proxy (not Squid) -> internet
> Does not work.

Even for regular HTTP traffic and non-bumped HTTPS traffic? If that
traffic does not work, then you have misconfigured something or the
Parent Proxy is badly broken. There is nothing special in the above
setup as far as regular traffic is concerned.

> However I've also setup the following:
>
> Cleints -> Squid Proxy (with cache_peer) -> Parent Proxy (Squid Proxy) -> internet
>
> This seems at least to work for http traffic, however, I don't see any HTTPS traffic coming into the Parent Proxy (Squid).

Squid does not know who made the parent proxy. The fact that one
(presumably production-quality) proxy "does not work" and another "seems
to work" implies that something is seriously misconfigured in one or
both cases.

> Now this morning I will do some more tcpdumping to see where that traffic is going, but maybe you can already shed some light on this?

I cannot shed more light on problems described only as "does not work"
and "no traffic".

Alex.