[squid-users] Help troubleshooting proxy<-->client https

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jun 1 19:26:22 UTC 2017

On 06/01/2017 11:29 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 05/31/2017 08:15 PM, Masha Lifshin wrote:
>> If we want to only allow encrypted traffic between the browser and
>> proxy, does that mean we'd only want to use the following line from your
>> example?

>> # HTTPS proxy; clients establish TLS connections to 31443 (your item #1)
>> https_port 31443 ssl-bump ...

> Yes.

* HTTPS proxy is a rarely used feature that works well for some.
* SslBump is a frequently used feature that works well enough for some.

Disclaimer: I do not know of anybody using the _combination_ of the
above two features, and I do not recall whether such a combination is
already supported. Please post once you figure it out.