[squid-users] Squid box for two networks

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jul 20 17:11:53 UTC 2017

Hey Pablo,

I am working as a tech support for MikroTik devices and the tcpdump dumps are leaving couple things unknown.
Can you share the MikroTik rules PBR rules you are using?
Are you using any kind of connection marking and tracking in the mix or just plain source based routing?
I am pretty sure that the issue is in the reverse path and not backwards.
If you can export your MikroTik configuration I might be able to try and help you find the right rules if these are wrong.
Also make sure that the squid box has reverse path filtering disabled using:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/EliezerCroitoru/Drafts/MwanLB#Set_Reverse_Path_Filter_machine_globally_script

And also take a peek at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/UbuntuTproxy4Wccp2#Linux_and_Squid_Configuration

I planned to add into the wiki an article\tutorial how to setup squid with MikroTik since there are more than a dozen of articles\tutorials that just do not do it the right way.

Eliezer

* you can send me the configuration privately if these are sensitive

----
http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/
Linux System Administrator