[squid-users] Problem with login to website by Squid web proxy 3.5.20 on Centos 7

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jul 20 10:36:50 UTC 2017

On 20/07/17 19:24, Kurczewski, Bartłomiej (WP.PL) wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> As I wrote to Eliezer, his solution works.
> Thank you for your help as well.

Eliezers 'solution' was to outright delete the headers HTTP uses to
protect your server against forwarding loops (Via), and to allow
back-tracking of abusive transactions (X-Forwarded-For / Forwarded).

Both quite important things to leave working if you can. Which is why I
suggested trying them one at a time and using the least amount of
traffic manipulation that would actually fix the problem.

FWIW a lot of the server-side brokenness regarding those headers is a
result of beginner web developers never having encountered such headers
in their narrow periods of time looking at headers. The more experience
that can be thrown in their direction through real traffic the more
benefits we all get as proxy admin - through less broken site codes.