[squid-users] Squid box for two networks

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Jul 18 12:28:00 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 18 July 2017 at 13:09:31, Pablo Ruben Maldonado wrote:

> The iptables only follow configuration:
>
> -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128
> -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3129

Oh, you didn't say this was an intercepting proxy - that sort of thing does
make a difference...

Maybe you could also answer my questions:

On Monday 17 July 2017 at 22:57:13, Antony Stone wrote:

> How is that new subnet connected to the Squid box?
>
> Is it connected on a second network card in the Squid machine, or is it
> routed via a separate gateway connecting the two networks?

Given what you've now told us, that this machine is an intercepting proxy,
please give us a network map - how are the following interconnected with each
other:

 - the subnet 192.168.110.0/24
 - the subnet 192.168.115.0/24
 - the Squid server
 - the Internet-facing router

On Tuesday 18 July 2017 at 12:15:32, Antony Stone wrote:

> Can you SSH from a machine on 192.168.115.0/24 to the Squid server?
>
> For that matter, can you ping it?
>
> Does the Squid server have an appropriate route to get back to machines on
> 192.168.115.0/24?

If you can give us more information about your network and your Squid
configuration, this may well make it easier for us to guess what is going on.

Antony.

--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.