[squid-users] youtube videos and squid

Sergei G sergeig.public at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:05:10 UTC 2017

Thank you for saving me time and effort.

I ended up following advice of downloading youtube movies to home computer
and serving from it.

My choice was EMBY server for windows https://emby.media/windows-server.html
although a couple others were good options as well.

I bought Emby app for iPad and I use a download extension for Chrome to get
720p resolution videos.  The content is static, but my drive is big and I
feel that this way I can approve some of the content.  It certainly costs
my time go get content to Emby server.

I could try installing Emby on Raspberry PI 3, but I decided against it.
It was more work, the download workflow had a more complicated step of
moving video from PC to RPI.  I was not sure if RPI could be responsive
with its decoding.

The setup works.