[squid-users] Chaining icap and ecap services - FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jul 12 15:51:45 UTC 2017

On 07/12/2017 04:01 AM, bugreporter wrote:

> By chance, do you know another adapter that I can use to replace
> squid-ecap-gzip. Actually I'm looking for an adapter capable to compress
> HTTP contents.

I do not know of any free adapters that do that. FWIW, one of the
Factory adapters can be configured to compress message bodies, but the
primary purpose of that adapter is content injection, and I am not 100%
sure that it works well for pure compression purposes (because nobody I
know deploys that adapter for those purposes).

Please feel free to post an RFP to the eCAP Users list:
http://www.e-cap.org/Support