[squid-users] Chaining icap and ecap services - FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jul 10 17:23:59 UTC 2017

On 07/09/2017 10:59 AM, bugreporter wrote:

> Is it allowed (supported) to chain icap and ecap services (using
> /adaptation_service_chain/)?

Yes, it is allowed and supported.

> I get a "FATAL: Received Segment
> Violation...dying." when trying to do it with some websites (www.linguee.com
> for instance). Each of those services works very well separately.

AFAICT, the bug is most likely in the eCAP adapter that you are using.
Yes, I understand that the same adapter seems to work OK in other
configurations. The Squid Project cannot help you with fixing that
unofficial adapter. Your options include finding somebody who can fix
the broken adapter, replacing that broken adapter with something better,
or not using the adapter at all.

The above conclusion is based on all the information you have provided
so far (thank you!). If you discover new information that points the
finger back at Squid, consider filing a Squid bug report with that new
information. I do not recommend using bug #4597 for your problem because
the stack traces look different, you are using rather than disabling
ICAP, and your are using Linux rather than Solaris.