[squid-users] YouTube Videos rating lists

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sat Jul 8 21:47:41 UTC 2017

Hey All,

I have been working for quite some time on a basic YouTube videos filtering
integration into SquidBlocker.
I have a video and images analysis and categorizing system that I can use to
rate the videos and the images but I am lacking one thing:
YouTube URLS feeds.

I have a running server that is dedicated to receive youtube videos urls for
analysis and then que them for testing.
For this to work I added a feature for the an external_acl helper I wrote
which is called a "feeder" mode which first answers the request with and ERR
and in the background sends the url to the remote system.
The end result would be a publically available rating lists which will be
categorized in a similar way to what Netflix rate ie:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2064

ie:
Movies and TV:
Little Kids 	Older Kids 	Teens 	Adults
All 		     7+	    	  13+	16+

I found that Netflix sometimes misses the exact match and adults content
being treated for "7+" I hope that I will not have this issue.
At the first step I will have the API set and the helper released with it's
sources.
When these will be ready I hope to start analyzing and categorizing youtube
videos for white and black listing.
After I will have a base line of black and white lists I will move on to a
weight based categorizing which will also return the matching age which the
video is allow to be watched by.

I need some help from anyone who is willing to send only specific url
patterns and leave the analysis and categorizing to the automated system.

Thanks In Advance,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru