[squid-users] Get calling User Details on server

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 21:17:45 UTC 2017

05.07.2017 3:12, Muhammad Usman пишет:
> Thanks again.
> I have trying to setup hotspots and I want to pass all user traffic
> through the proxy server and inject ads (through injection of a JS
> script in html). I want to pass some parameters like AP MAC and
> Customer MAC as parameters to the JS script, in order to keep track at
> user level.
> Can I achieve all this through Squid or do I need to add other
> software's as well.
Yes. It's possible.

Some part of solution:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash

and this:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP

However, content adaptation part is not so simple and can require some
programming (up to C/C++ level), because of I don't know any
ready-to-use and free solution to inject ads (Which is understandable,
given that advertising is money).