[squid-users] QA Pilots

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Jan 31 22:21:48 UTC 2017

On 01/31/2017 03:00 PM, Yuri Voinov wrote:
> 01.02.2017 3:49, Alex Rousskov пишет:
>>     The Squid Software Foundation plans to hire a part-time remote QA
>> engineer to help us address systemic quality problems with Squid
>> releases and development snapshots. This position will be funded by your
>> donations to the Foundation. Thank you!

> Do you mean the volunteers?

The money to pay the engineer will come from the Foundation. Most of the
Foundation existing funds consist of donations from various people and
organizations, many of which subscribe to this mailing list. The
position (and the pilots) will be essentially funded by past (and
hopefully future) donations. That is why I thanked those who donated
(and/or will donate in the future). They made it possible.

The position is _not_ an unpaid volunteer position and the pilots are
not unpaid throw-away projects. FWIW, we have already tried the
volunteer approach and failed because volunteers (and their volunteer
managers!) often run out of free time, lose interest, develop work
conflicts, resist doing unpleasant tasks, etc. BTW, this would be the
first substantial paid contractor position with the Foundation. All
Foundation directors are and will remain unpaid volunteers.

Hope this clarifies,

Alex.