[squid-users] Is it possible to modify cached object?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Jan 31 17:28:01 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 31 January 2017 at 18:19:14, boruc wrote:

> Antony Stone wrote
>
> > What do you get from the following:
> > 	/etc/init.d/squid status
> > 	/etc/init.d/squid restart
>
> literally nothing. I just noticed that there isn't anything with "squid" in
> name in /etc/init.d.

Ah, right - that means the original tarball build doesn't put any init scripts
into place, then - I haven't built Squid like that myself for some time, so I
had forgotten this.

I suggest you wait until one of the developers responds to this thread and
reminds us how to get the appropriate init scripts into place for an Ubuntu 12
system - I can't help with that, sorry :(

However, you're definitely very close to your desired objective.

Antony.

--
.evah I serutangis sseltniop tsom eht fo eno eb tsum sihT

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.