[squid-users] Is it possible to modify cached object?

boruc baborucki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:35:30 UTC 2017

I ran command "sudo apt-get remove --purge squid3", then I downloaded
squid-3.5.24 in browser, unpacked it, then "sudo auto-apt run ./configure &&
sudo make && sudo checkinstall". deb package is created, message says that
it was also installed. So i ran command to see installed packages and that's
what I get:

squid-common
squid-langpack
squid3
squid3-common

When I run any command with "squid3" it says that squid3 is not installed,
but "squid -v" gives me "Squid Cache: Version 3.1.19". Also there is no
"squid" or "squid3" service.

What am I doing wrong? What should I do to get this 3.5.24 version to work
and also have squid service?

Thanks in advance.