[squid-users] Strange behavior - reload service failed, but not start....

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Jan 27 13:35:48 UTC 2017

On Friday 27 January 2017 at 14:13:55, erdosain9 wrote:

> Ok, thanks.
> But something more its wrong.... look up this:
>
> [root at squid ips]# squid -k restart
> squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 21 to process 8083: (3) No such process
>
> [root at squid ips]# squid -k shutdown
> squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 15 to process 8083: (3) No such process
>
> [root at squid ips]# squid -k kill
> squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 9 to process 8083: (3) No such process
>
> [root at squid ips]# squid -k debug
> squid: ERROR: Could not send signal 12 to process 8083: (3) No such process
>
> ......mmm... what's going on here???
>
> But actually squid is running and working,

What does ps -ax tell you the process ID for it is?

I bet it's not 8083...

> Also, if i do a change in squid.conf... it dosent take it. neither
> systemctl, or like you see any squid -k command

Sounds like a permissions problem to me - what are the ownerships and
permissions on your squid.conf file, and on the Squid PID file?

Antony.

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.