[squid-users] Not all html objects are being cached

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Jan 27 12:25:17 UTC 2017

On Friday 27 January 2017 at 13:15:21, Yuri wrote:

> 27.01.2017 18:05, Antony Stone пишет:
>
> > You're entitled to do whatever you want to, following standards and
> > recommendations or not - just don't complain when choosing not to follow
> > those standards and recommendations results in behaviour different from
> > what you wanted (or what someone else intended).
>
> All this crazy debate reminds me of Microsoft Windows. Windows is better
> to know why the administrator should not have full access. Windows is
> better to know how to work. Windows is better to know how to tell the
> system administrator so that he called the system administrator.

That should remind you of OS X and Android as well, at the very least (and
quite possibly systemd as well)

My opinion is that it's your choice whether to run Microsoft Windows (or Apple
OS X, or Google Android) or not - but you have to accept it as a whole
package; you can't say "I want some of the neat features, but I want them to
work *my* way".

If you don't accept all aspects of the package, then don't use it.

> Antonio, you've seen at least once, so I complained about the
> consequences of my own actions?

You seem to continually complain that people are recommending not to try going
against standards, or trying to defeat the anti-caching directives on websites
you find.

It's your choice to try doing that; people are saying "but if you do that, bad
things will happen, or things will break, or it just won't work the way you
want it to", and then you say "but I don't like having to follow the rules".

That's what I meant about complaining about the consequences of your actions.

Antony.

--
"Life is just a lot better if you feel you're having 10 [small] wins a day
rather than a [big] win every 10 years or so."

 - Chris Hadfield, former skiing (and ski racing) instructor

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.