[squid-users] Not all html objects are being cached

boruc baborucki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:22:04 UTC 2017

After a little bit of analyzing requests and responses with WireShark I
noticed that many sites that weren't cached had different combination of
below parameters:

Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, post-check, pre-check,
private, public, max-age, public
Pragma: no-cache

There is a possibility to disable this in squid by using
request_header_access and reply_header_access, however it doesn't work for
me, many pages aren't still in cache. I am currently using lines below:

request_header_access Cache-Control deny all
request_header_access Pragma deny all
request_header_access Accept-Encoding deny all
reply_header_access Cache-Control deny all
reply_header_access Pragma deny all
reply_header_access Accept-Encoding deny all

I could also try refresh_pattern, but I don't think that code below will
work because not every URL ends with .html or .htm (because you visit
/www.example.com/, not /www.example.com/index.html/)
refresh_pattern -i \.(html|htm)$          1440   40% 40320 ignore-no-cache
ignore-no-store ignore-private override-expire reload-into-ims

Thank you in advance.