[squid-users] Squid performance 3.5.20 → 3.5.23

Stephen Baynes stephen.baynes at smoothwall.net
Wed Jan 25 10:00:42 UTC 2017

Looks like this was a false alarm. The test environment I was using had
some random fluctuations in the results. I assumed they averaged out over
multiple test runs. However it looks as if I got some bad rolls of the dice
and they did not.
I have now a modified test which has <1% variation over four runs each
taking 3 hours. Testing both versions, I now see negligible difference
between them.

--

Stephen Baynes