[squid-users] Native FTP relay: connection closes (?) after 'cannot assign requested address' error

Alexander goal81 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:18:15 UTC 2017

> Needless to say, your specific needs may differ from that general
> principle. It is possible that Squid needs a knob to handle your use
> case differently. However, I am pretty sure that somebody does want
> Squid to do what it does know so we should not change Squid behavior to
> satisfy your use case.

I understand that, however the first and foremost reason I asked the
question was that my use case pretends to be pretty typical :)

> What if you can restrict the set of ports that Squid uses to accept
> passive FTP data connections? That way, you can redirect only those data
> connections that match those ports. This is not an ideal solution, and
> Squid does not support that directly right now, but it might work in
> principle.

I have thought about it, however these ports may interfere with real
server's ports.

> Another option is to modify Squid to report the expected data connection
> IP:ports to some helper so that you can write a script that dynamically
> modifies your network redirection rules.

I like this one more. It looks like a kind of ip_conntrack_ftp.

Thank you for the explanation, I will try to do something.