[squid-users] SSL_bump and source IP

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jan 11 14:26:36 UTC 2017

On 12/01/2017 1:04 a.m., FredB wrote:

>> but not all requests from a specific source
>
>> what do you mean here?
>
> I mean no ssl-bump at all for a specific user, no matter the destinations
> I tried some acl without success

At the time of bumping Squid has no idea what a "user" is and things
like the X-Forwarded-For are probably also unknown/unavailable.

All you can assume being known about the client is the TCP detail
(IP:port), perhapse an IDENT label or TOS marking. Though I'm not sure
of the latter two.

>>> , maybe because I'm using x-forwarded ?
>
>> x-forwarded-for has nothing to do with this
>
> There is a known bug with sslbump and x-forwarded (bug about log) maybe there is a relation, my "fake" address is not known or something like this

That bug is relevant only in the case of clients being configured to use
the proxy as a forward/explicit proxy (no intercept or tproxy). In the
non-relevant traffic types XFF header is simply not existing, period.