[squid-users] keep source ip when user connect over squid using ip:port

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Jan 7 18:35:44 UTC 2017

On Saturday 07 January 2017 at 19:23:47, --Ahmad-- wrote:

> hey mate i total understand Tporxy with CISCO /wccp
>
> but I’m asking here other way like connecting ip:port and keep squid using
> my original ip  as source

So, where do you expect the reply packets from the remote web server to end
up?

If you're trying to cache content, they have to arrive at your Squid server,
which means the source of the requests has to be the Squid server's address
(or at least, some address which gets routed from the Internet via your Squid
server).

If you're not trying to cache content, and you want the replies to come
directly back to your browser, what are you using Squid for in this setup?

Antony.

--
I wasn't sure about having a beard at first, but then it grew on me.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.