[squid-users] keep source ip when user connect over squid using ip:port

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Jan 7 18:20:01 UTC 2017

On 07.01.17 19:25, --Ahmad-- wrote:
>hey folks .
>
>I’m just wondering if possible .
>
>i have a basic squid on ip:port .
>
>i want to connect over it using ip:port from my browser .
>also …
>
>when i visit websites …. i want my ip (router ip) not squid ip to be shown to the websites .
>
>is that possible ?
>
>i know its weird … but i want squid as like bridging mode and i want the requests to be sourced from the original ip of mine ..like my router ip

It's called "tproxy", http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

- I'm not sure whether it works when you configure proxy manually
   the wiki page describes it in intercepting mode

- your router MUST support that, so is sends incoming traffic to the proxy
   instead of your computer, while the destination IP is your compurer's
"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler