[squid-users] Is it possible to modify cached object?

boruc baborucki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:35:39 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I am facing a really big problem (for me). I've set up a home network (few
PCs, some mobiles) with squid proxying all requests. Is it possible to
change cached objects manually? Let's say I have an object that contains
/www.example.com/ page HTML source and what I want to do is e.g. change some
words so users will see modified pages. I won't do this with HTTPS of
course, just HTTP.

I tried to do that (I've changed one letter, so content length won't
change), but after refreshing a page that cached file disappeared. Here's my
refresh_pattern config section:

Or maybe there's another way to achieve my goal with squid?

I'd be grateful for any help.