[squid-users] URL encoding in squid

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Tue Feb 21 20:38:36 UTC 2017

On 21/02/17 17:17, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> Is it possible to path %-encoded URL to squidGuard ?
>
> Not with Squid-3.4. The 3.5 releases have a url_rewrite_extras directive
> which takes logformat codes. You could use that to send an extra
> %-encoded copy of the URL to the helper in addition to the normal URL
> input. (sorry there is no package yet in Debian 8 for 3.5).
>
> Amos

ufdbGuard has a database format that supports UTF8 characters but
only the latest beta (ufdbguard 1.32.5beta9) fully supports it.
I can send you a link to the beta software if you are interested.

how it works:
ufdbGuard as a utility to convert domains+urls files into a
database file which converts all %-encoded characters.
The URLs that Squid sends to ufdbGuard are also all converted
which means that URLs with %-encoded URLs and URLs without %-encoding
match.

Marcus