[squid-users] Tunnelling requests using squid-cache

Kottur, Abhijit Abhijit.Kottur at cba.com.au
Thu Feb 9 02:54:17 UTC 2017

Hi Team,

I am writing this email to understand the capabilities of the product 'squid-cache'.

Requirement:
I have an executable(.exe) which is trying to hit an internet website. This executable has the capability to accept proxy IP and port.
However, our enterprise proxy needs authentication credentials (NTLM Authentication) to allow any network through it. The executable that I have doesn't accept credentials.
Thus, I need to forward all requests from the executable to a local proxy which should encapsulate the request with the actual proxy details (IP, port, username & password) and route the requests to the proxy so that it will be allowed to hit internet. Likewise for response.

Please let me know if this can be achieved by 'squid-cache' and if yes, please provide me with the details as to how this can be configured on Win XP/8.1.
Also, I couldn't find a windows 32 bit installer. Please let me know if there is one available.

Thanks in advance :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Regards,
Abhijit Kottur

Level 15, 255 Pitt Street,
Sydney, NSW  2000
M: +61 414649364
mailto:abhijit.kottur at cba.com.au<mailto:abhijit.kottur at cba.com.au>
[cid:image002.png at 01CDCE17.DD5C8450]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Our vision is to be Australia's finest financial services organisation through excelling in customer service

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.