[squid-users] Does squid update itself ?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Feb 7 11:07:44 UTC 2017

On 07.02.17 11:58, Oğuz İsmail Uysal wrote:
>Ubuntu 16.04, squid version 3.5.12 and 3.5.24 same thing for both

do you have both versions installed at once?
do you have installed them as ubuntu packages?
if so, did you change their versions?

>7 Şubat 2017 Salı tarihinde, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk>
>yazdı:
>
>> On 07.02.17 11:49, Oğuz İsmail Uysal wrote:
>>
>>> I have customized squid binary to understand malformed requests one month
>>> ago. There was no problem until today, today something weird has happened.
>>> It began not to work with malformed requests, then I reinstalled it and
>>> the
>>> problem is solved. But I wonder, how came squid to change its behaviour ?
>>> Is it something related to squid or anything else ?
>>>

>> what os/distro?
>> maybe it has upgraded the package because of security bug...

the changelog
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/s/squid3/squid3_3.5.12-1ubuntu7.3/changelog

says that new version of squid 3.5.12 was released on Feb 3

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.