[squid-users] SSL_bump and source IP

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Thu Feb 2 13:00:12 UTC 2017

The terminology may be confusing:
ssl_bump         means more or less "looking at HTTPS traffic"
ssl_bump splice  means "do not bump/intercept HTTPS traffic. No fake CA certificates are used"
ssl_bump bump    means "bump/intercept HTTPS traffic and use a fake CA certificate"

So the question is not about ssl_bump but about "ssl_bump bump".
To prevent the active bump, you need an acl to splice (leave the connection alone)
Something like this:

acl tls_s1_connect      at_step SslBump1

acl tls_vip_users    fill-in-your-details

ssl_bump splice    tls_vip_users	# do not peek/bump vip users
ssl_bump peek      tls_s1_connect	# peek at connections of other users
ssl_bump stare     all			# peek/stare at the server side of connections of other users
ssl_bump bump      all			# bump connections of other users

Marcus