[squid-users] Not all html objects are being cached

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Feb 1 20:19:08 UTC 2017

After some time reading the thread and getting to the bottom of it I think I have an idea on how to give another angle on the caching subject.
This is an example access.log which I got to with the help of Amos:
https://gist.github.com/elico/2ea2253ef1c09872ba90becb961acd91

It can reveal to the system administrator couple good reasons why an object wasn't cached.
It can serve both academic and real world decisions.
I believe that today squid does a nice job deciding what to cache and what to not in the limits of any LRU cache based system\software.

I think wireshark was a good choice to analyze the situation.
There is a possibility that some CMS or some web site will do things the wrong way and this software will enforce an object to be "non-cachable" but from this to break the fundamentals of HTTP there is a lot to learn.
First learn(we are here to assist) and then break if required.
There are many tools to break caching "rules" but squid tries to play the role of the most "friendly" on the Internet.
>From one hand it will give you couple very good API's and configuration but requires you, the admin to know what you are doing. When you don't know or do not understand take couple minutes to find the right document or tutorial(textual or video).
If you cannot reach these we are here for the rescue to help if needed.
Just ask!!!
The answers will be there  sooner or later in the thread.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru