[squid-users] Not all html objects are being cached

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Feb 1 15:48:34 UTC 2017

On 28/01/2017 1:35 a.m., Yuri wrote:

> I just want to have a choice and an opportunity to say - "F*ck you, man,
> I'm the System Administrator".

Does that go down well in parties or something?

> If you do not want to violate the RFC - remove violations HTTP at all.
> If you remember, this mode is now enabled by default.

That mode does not mean what you seem to think it means.

It means that *some* *specific* things which are known not to cause much
damage are allowed which violate HTTP _a little bit_ when it helps the
traffic work better. Most things it does is enabling Squid to detect and
talk with broken software that are themselves not quite following HTTP
right.
 For example, a client forgetting to %20 some whitespace inside a URL.

> You do not have to teach me that I use. I - an administrator and wish to
> be able to select tools. And do not be in a situation where the choice
> is made for me.

Have you tried starting regular conversations with your friends and
family with the words "F*k you, man, I'm the System Administrator" so
they know that your way is always right no matter what. Then proceeding
to say everything else in the conversation at the loudest volume your
mouth can produce while injecting weird words randomly into each
sentence? just because you were created with those abilities you might
as well try using them. It definitely will make conversations short and
efficient (hmm.. just like 100% caching makes HTTP 'quick').

Anyhow, my point is all languages have rules and protocols of behaviour
that have to be followed for the sentences/messages to be called
"speaking" that language. If you don't follow those rules you are simply
not speaking that language. You might be speaking some other language or
just being a weirdo - either way you are not speaking that language.

HTTP is as much a language as any spoken one. It is just for Internet
software to 'talk' to each other. By not following its rules you are ...
well ... not using HTTP.

What you keep saying about how you/admin "must" be allowed to violate
HTTP just because you are administrator and want to. That makes as much
sense as being proud about shouting at everyone you talk to in real
life. It's dumb, on a scale that demonstrates one is not worthy of the
privilege of being a sysadmin and can lead to early retirement in a
small padded cell.

>>> Antonio, you've seen at least once, so I complained about the
>>> consequences of my own actions?
>> You seem to continually complain that people are recommending not to
>> try going
>> against standards, or trying to defeat the anti-caching directives on
>> websites
>> you find.
>>
>> It's your choice to try doing that; people are saying "but if you do
>> that, bad
>> things will happen, or things will break, or it just won't work the
>> way you
>> want it to", and then you say "but I don't like having to follow the
>> rules".
>>
>> That's what I meant about complaining about the consequences of your
>> actions.
> It is my right and my choice. Personally, I do not complain of the
> consequences, having enough tools to solve any problem.

Hahahahaha "not complain about the consequences", ROFLMAO.
Thanks dude, I needed a good laugh today.