[squid-users] Caching HTTPS with a parent squid

Mauricio Garavaglia mauriciogaravaglia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 18:53:05 UTC 2017

Hello! I have a squid 3.5 caching HTTPS doing BumpSSL, everything works ok
butI need to add another one as a parent (bigger storage and but different
SLA...) of the first one, while still allowing it to go direct if the
parent is not available.

[Client]---->[Squid 1]----->[Squid 2]---->[Origin Server]

To proper cache both, I would need to bump, but that's not available per
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/blob/v3.5/src/FwdState.cc#L813

What would be the correct way to accomplish that? Tried making the first
one to just peek but I still want to allow to cache the responses and not
just bypass the connection.
Thanks!

Mauricio