[squid-users] Will Squid Proxy work if it is offline

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 00:29:41 UTC 2017

In detail: if the picture is in the cache, and the time of its
validation has not arrived - some time will show. In case of all
required DNS queries and, especially, answers is also cached.

Harsh reality: Own Squid's DNS cache  is too tiny by default to store
half of the Internet addresses. Only few people think of combining it
with a caching DNS server of a decent class (at least Unbound).

ALso, just in practice, a disconnected from Internet Squid cache usually
shows no more than 20% of content for several sites. That, in fact,
corresponds to its real degree of caching.

FInally - no, Squid can't replace cutted Internet.