[squid-users] How to enable caching for https websites on Squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Dec 20 12:10:29 UTC 2017

On 19/12/17 23:33, Sekar Duraisamy wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Please let me know how to enable caching for https websites and can we
> configure squid proxy to maintain anonymous as we can configure for
> http?

To cache encryption protected content you must first remove the
encryption. That destroys the "anonymous" part completely.

Also, when a service uses TLS properly it is not possible to decrypt in
a proxy.

If you accept the above limitations, look into the SSL-Bump feature of
Squid for details on how to configure decrypting of HTTPS content.

Once Squid is handling decrypted content the caching should "just
happen", same as with HTTP traffic going through the proxy.