[squid-users] Squid configuration not working to set up connection between local and remote hosts

tappdint akash.kumar.patel at appdirect.com
Mon Dec 18 20:45:08 UTC 2017

Amos Jeffries wrote
> ^^ localnet and localhost are permitted, nothing else.
>
> You need to find out what other access Selenium requires and how it can
> reliably be identified. Then add http_access rules here to allow it.
>

>> # And finally deny all other access to this proxy
>> http_access deny all
>>

>> # Squid normally listens to port 3128
>> http_port 3128
>>
>> debug_options rotate=1 ALL,2/
>>
>> Any ideas what I should look at for more information? Thanks!
>>

> The access.log records the connection details for the failed requests.
> You should usually be able to find most of the details necessary there.

Sorry could you clarify what is meant by /what other access Selenium
requires and how it can
reliably be identified/? In order for Selenium to run the tests I have to
set up the proxy address in the java code that creates the driver.  In that
code I use my inet address that I get from ifconfig. So the proxy address is
"INET_IP:3128". The script that runs the test requires the host and port
where Selenium is located (external_host_address with port 443 since it is
https). As for the logs, I tried to look at the access logs after the tests
failed to run but unfortunately access.log was empty.