[squid-users] Helper doent authentify

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Dec 11 22:02:39 UTC 2017

On Monday 11 December 2017 at 22:56:16, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> From: squid-users <squid-users-bounces at lists.squid-cache.org> on behalf of
> Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it> Sent: Monday, December
> 11, 2017 9:27 PM
> To: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Helper doent authentify
>
> On Monday 11 December 2017 at 22:19:53, Edwin Quijada wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I am trying to do a helper for use with Squid. I did my helper but it
> > doesnt authentify

> I think "$f" might be your problem.
>
> See http://freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/authentication_with_squid/ for
>
> I copied my example from this page. 😞

Well, no, you didn't.

You may have used it as an example, but you changed it, and I think that
change may be significant.

Try replacing "$f" in your script with "STDIN" as shown in the example, and
see if this helps.

Incidentally, please reply only to the list and do not CC me (see my sigs).

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.