[squid-users] Logging/stats for Delay Pools Under Squid?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Dec 7 17:45:53 UTC 2017

On 12/07/2017 07:26 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 08/12/17 01:19, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>> I do know how to set-up delay pools, but how can I verify that they're
>> working? Are there any logs or statictics?

> The cache manager report "delay" lists details of the pools.
> The 'active_requests' listing also shows for each request which pool(s)
> it is assigned to.

And access.log fields can be used to reconstruct individual transfer
rates (and, with more work, even aggregates).

Ideally, you should use external-to-Squid tools to verify that Squid is
working correctly. Simple clients like cURL or wget can be used for
basic single-transaction tests. Web Polygraph can be used for complex
tests involving many concurrent transactions tickling many delay pools
at once.