[squid-users] squid - kid registration timed out

carlos carlosd2002 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 00:34:33 UTC 2017

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I just added the -n squid80, etc to SQUID_OPTS, now it restart just fine!
I will wait until tomorrow to see if all squid instances have all the
workers, but reading for post it should be solved for sure!

Yes, i can optimize the config using ${service_name}, probably just one
config would be enought.

I totally miss:
Squid-3.5 provides the -n command line option to configure a unique service
name for each Squid instance started. Each set of SMP-aware processes will
interact only with other processes using the same service name. A service
name is always present, the default service name is squid is used when the
-n option is absent from the command line.

Thanks both of you to point me the direction.

Cheers,
Carlos