[squid-users] Secure basic authentication on Squid

Colle Christophe christophe.colle at ac-nancy-metz.fr
Mon Dec 4 15:42:30 UTC 2017

Hello!

I am currently using Squid for internet access. Currently, "basic" authentication on an LDAP directory is configured to identify users. The problem is that the password is sent in clear (base64) and I am looking for a solution to secure it.

I tested the "Digest" mode, but the result is inconclusive because you have to modify the LDAP directory with an attribute containing the hash of the password. The directory can not be modified in our case.

Is there a solution to secure the "basic" authentication of squid? (with an SSL certificate for example).

Thank you !

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext><signatureafterquotedtext>--

Chris.

</signatureafterquotedtext>