[squid-users] installing squidClamAV - check if blocking viruses

robert k Wild robertkwild at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:50:55 UTC 2017

hi all,

i have installed squidclamav via this guide -

http://squidclamav.darold.net/installv6.html

i only installed the below, i didnt install squidGuard

yum install -y squid clamav

and i extrated these tars and for each i did configure/make/make install
like the guide says to do

https://sourceforge.net/projects/squidclamav/files/latest/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/c-icap/files/c-icap/0.5.x/c_icap-0.5.2.tar.gz/download

i dont know what squid config files to copy/paste in my squid.conf file

do i use 3.4.x
3.1.x
3.0.x

bear in mind when i did the yum install squid, it installed 3.5.20

once installed, i test it, in my browser i change to manual proxy and
change ip/port to my proxy server

when i go to websites all works and i can see the logs here -

watch -n 0.5 tail /usr/local/c-icap/var/log/server.log

but how do i check if its blocking viruses?

many thanks in advanced

rob

--
Regards,