[squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy and WebDAV caching

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Aug 29 19:31:12 UTC 2017

On 30/08/17 04:02, Olivier MARCHETTA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for posting fast.
> But if I have done another test using Internet Explorer to download the files instead of WebDAV.
> And now I will see the cache Hits raising up to 100% in the memory.

Yay.

> Cache information for squid:
> Hits as % of all requests: 5min: 17.7%, 60min: 6.2%
> Hits as % of bytes sent:	5min: 4.5%, 60min: 0.2%
> Memory hits as % of hit requests: 5min: 100.0%, 60min: 100.0%
>
> So, does it mean that the built-in WebDAV client is not working with Squid ?

It means the server responses were not he cause of the MISS-ing.

To answer your earlier question, yes there are things servers can do to
prevent caching no matter what Squid does. This IE result is evidence
that is not happening.

> Is there any workaround for this ?

Insufficient data right now.

You now need to configure "debug_options 11,2" in your squid.conf and
see what is different in the HTTP client requests from IE versus the
built-in WebDAV. What you find there will determine what workarounds are
needed and/or possible.