[squid-users] Block WebRTC Leak using Squid

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Aug 28 15:24:11 UTC 2017

Thanks for this useful site.
This site cannot be used to test squid in any environment but only in a specific one.
What the links I gave you shows?
http://myip.net.il/
http://ngtech.co.il/ip.php

??
If you want to bullet proof you network and you have full control over it then you should use the next methods:
- Block any outgoing traffic to the internet from the internal network using a simple FireWall
- Intercept any traffic on port 53(both tcp and udp) into a local dns proxy and\or caching service

I have a running lab with a restricted access to the internet and I will try to see what the results will be there.

Don't mistake squid for being "un-usable" since it does what it can, but, if you or another person is the network admin you should consider the required and relevant solutions for your environment.
For example I have worked on servers which are connected to the Internet but have a very restrictive policy which do not allow installation of software or access to the network.
Either by iptables or selinux or group policies.

I am here if you need some advice about the next move with the issue.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru