[squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy and WebDAV caching

Olivier MARCHETTA olivier.marchetta at outlook.com
Thu Aug 24 16:16:18 UTC 2017

Hello Squid Users,

I have configured a squid reverse proxy to access Microsoft SharePoint Online with the aim of caching the document libraries into the squid cache for a branch office.
But so far I can see the access log with the GET HTTP requests from the users but none will be stored into the cache.
Now there are several difficulties to cache the documents:

  1.  Microsoft is using SSL (but I have configured SSL bumps)
  2.  Files are tagged with the cache header no-cache or cache-private
  3.  The WebDAV client is the Microsoft Windows 10 client.
Now I would like to know if it's still doable or if I can just forget having this kind of configuration on squid, and move on to an alternate caching method (OneDrive sync client for example).

Thank you.
Regards,
Olivier Marchetta