[squid-users] IPv6 and TPROXY

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sun Aug 20 00:08:02 UTC 2017

You can use tproxy but you will need to somehow make it so squid will do "NAT" instead of only tproxy or to findout what is causing the issue to happen in the network layer of the connection.
It can be a simple iptables rule which block traffic or another issue like rp_filter.
If you are up to it I will be willing to try and setup a more advanced ipv6 setup that might help to inspect the issue.

In the mean while I am missing one piece which maybe Amos can help with:
Is it possible to use tproxy for interception but force a non tproxy connection on the outgoing traffic?
I wrote such a proxy myself and I believe that there might be another solution to if nothing else would be found.

The other idea would be:
Use haproxy infront of the squid proxy to intercept traffic in the tcp level and pass to squid somehow the request via a proxy protocol enabled port.
I have used it in the past and it should be fine for port 80 but for 443 it's a whole other thing.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru