[squid-users] Different cache_dir based on object types

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Aug 10 00:27:10 UTC 2017

Hey Ninja,

This is one beefy machine you have there.
I believe that it is expected to have at-least 8 cores total and you seem to maybe misunderstand or confuse couple things with squid.
The only cache_dir you can use on such a machine that will be efficient would probably be rock but before you mark the target try to understand what is on the wire.
You will need SMP squid and the SSD for logs.
If you have the machine ready to spin you will probably need to start with analysis and move on to assessment\evaluation of the solution.
Depends on the goals and targets you have you might have a chance to understand what is required from the system.
(All the above is based on the assumption you are kind of new to squid)

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator